Friday, November 24, 2006

A Television Star is Born?

Well definitely not a star but at least an appearance. Since starting Gizmo Logic Studios Inc. with a friend in 2003 I have started a journey. Part of the journey I understand the path that was going to happen down that road and now I am getting to more of those moments that put me outside the box.

On Wednesday November 22nd I did my first solo television spot promoting our first released public product this year Baby Gizmo™ in Canada. This is the second time I have been publicizing it on television but the first time myself and my partner were on together on local news. This time it was a spot dedicated to the children's video. Although I have worked for years behind the camera producing, editing, and filming being in front is a whole different experience for me. As the show was live there was a couple things that I wanted to accomplish. The top couple objectives was to not throw up, swear, faint, and look at the camera. Luckily enough I was able to achieve all my major objectives.

I went into the interview with a general idea of the message I wanted to say but with only five minutes to talk about anything you are passionate about is not long. Since the show is live the questions are not scripted so it is a go with the flow interview method. Although I think I covered most items I wanted to there was a lot of things running through my mind during the interview. For example I had mentioned Melanie Meloche who is the voice for the video but as I am answering the question in my mind I think, should I mention everyone involved or should I move in, am I insulting anyone by not mentioning every individual. This scenario went through my mind during every question.

When all was over the thing I was most worried about is if my bald head was too shiny.

You can see the clip online at www.baby-gizmo.com and you'll probably also see it on YouTube and Google Video in the next couple of days.

I enjoy talking about Baby Gizmo as it is something I really enjoy working on also, sometimes the greatest fear is the fear of success. Now as the video series gets more and more attention I fear success more, maybe in the end it will be the journey to success that I fear and not the success itself. It is still a long road ahead of me and I can't wait to see what is next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job and I am very proud of you!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Scot!
I like your blog! Good job on the Rogers Show! No, your head wasn't too shiny! Keep up the great work!